Thread: Telefilm Provides Funding For Clockwork Girl

1. Steven Sykora 4000 Guest

Telefilm Provides Funding For Clockwork Girl

Telefilm Provides Funding For Clockwork Girl

Arcana is proud to announce that Telefilm Canada, the federal cultural agency dedicated to the development and promotion of the Canadian audiovisual industry, has provided funding for the Clockwork Girl animated film.

Clockwork Girl tells the tale of a nameless robot girl who has recently been given the gift of life from her creator. While she explores the wonders of an ordinary world she meets an amazing mutant boy and they share a friendship that must overcome their warring families. Created by Sean O’Reilly and Kevin Hanna, the series was the first release from Arcana’s all ages division, Arcana Kids. Debuting in July 2007 the book received critical acclaim for its astounding artwork and timeless love story.

Telefilm Canada is a Crown corporation reporting to Parliament through the Department of Canadian Heritage. Headquartered in Montréal, Telefilm provides services to the Canadian audiovisual industry by means of four regional offices located in Vancouver, Toronto, Montréal and Halifax. Telefilm’s main goals are celebrating the telling of unique Canadian stories, actively championing a sustainable Canadian audiovisual culture, reward performance, encourage new thinking, and promote diversity.

When recently asked about the Clockwork Girl film, co-creator Kevin Hanna said, “I'm not sure how much I can say, other then I am thrilled that things are going as well as I ever hoped they could be. Working in Hollywood, I know that adaptations are a gamble that often taint the source material. So far everything is going right with Clockwork Girl, the people involved really understand the spirit of the book and the characters. I think fans of the book will be very happy with where this ends up.”

For more information on Clockwork Girl and Arcana Comics, please visit:

www.arcanacomics.com

All four issues of The Clockwork Girl are on stands now (Diamond Order Codes: JUL073276, SEP073352, NOV073310 and JAN083357) as well The Clockwork Girl hardcover book (Diamond Order Code: MAR083433 and ISBN: 978098092041351495) can be found at your local comic book shop and better bookstores at the end of July so be sure to keep an eye out for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	arcana_clockworkgirl.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	384